Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Let's get started!

Is it really time? Well, this might not be a food post nor a restaurant review, but I should say a few words before "officially" start up this blog. Call it a "soft" opening if you like. :)

I've been meaning to start a food blog for awhile now, especially in the past few years living here in Los Angeles. One of the first blog I read was Eileen's blog about food in Los Angeles. Ever since then I've noticed the Los Angeles food blogger community has gotten bigger and more wide spread. Over time, I've became an avid reader of many food blogs around the area and had the privilege of meeting and eating with quite of a few of them. I can't list everyone, but Tony's Sinosoul, Mike's Right Way to Eat, Matt's Mattatouile, Choi's Folie a choisauce are amongst the many I read and help me get through the day at work. (I'll also add Kevin's Kevineats which are my eyes to many of the fine dining establishments around the world....)

Finally, I'm not forgetting about you Kat of Kat9Lives! At least, I got you to try Soon Du Bu! Ha!

Let's get started! Time to break out my new dSLR and for me to start writing and posting instead of wasting my time and posting pics up on facebook. Feel free to drop me any comments and suggestion and this blog is a work in progress.

Cheers,
Danny

P.S. Thanks again to Mike for getting on me for writing on this blog. I hope to be updating this thing often!

PPS: I gotta thank my buddy Daniel at work for thinking of this "Kung Food Panda" name. I honestly have zero creative bones in my body.

10 comments:

mattatouille said...

aw, you settled..I liked Stinky SGV (but people didn't get it, so I understand). Anyways, I'm the first to comment, yay!

To many meals, my friend.

Unknown said...

2nd! WHOOPAH! I expect you to put your camera to good use.

Congrats Danny

Anonymous said...

u will always be my stinky dan dan :)

Bonnibella said...

I'm waiting for the Urawasa review and pics with your new camera!

Right Way to Eat said...

I can't wait to see your reviews. That is a great intro!!We are going to be in a lot of adventures that is about to come. Keep'em coming dude!

I know there are many pictures out there. LOL

Kat said...

What I am mentioned last? =*( That's it, I must plot something now lol

I agree Matt, I voted for Stinky SGV too! haha O=) Still I am glad you finally got around to starting your own blog. You have been hanging out with the LA Bloggers so much, it was bound to rub off ^_-

But... now we will have to fight over who gets to take pics first! And you sat next to me tonight... AYOH! lol Can't wait to see all the photos with the new camera ^_-

kevinEats said...

Thanks for the props, and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Danny.

Kung Food Panda said...

Thanks all for the kind words! :)

I was damn close in picking stinky SGV too..

e d b m said...

All I have to say is welcome and get those elastic band jeans your parents tried to make you wear as a kid back out. you'll need them.

Kung Food Panda said...

edbm: Thanks bro, and yes, blogging and eating is definitely not good for my waistline......