Friday, September 4, 2009

Tres Generaciones Tequila Tasting @ The W Hotel (Los Angeles)


Recently I was invited to a tequila tasting event at The W Hotel in Brentwood hosted by Tres Generaciones Tequila. Although tequila isn't a favorite liquor of mine, probably due to some low quality tequila consumed over my lifetime (*ahem* Jose Cuervo? *ahem*), I was ready to change my perception of tequila.

We were given a series of 3 cocktails for the night:

Cocktails (Picture courtesy of Gourmet Pigs)

1) L.A. Love: Tres Generaciones Reposado, Basil, Granny Smith Apple, Fig, Orange Marmalade & Vanilla
2) Obama-Rita: Tres Generaciones Plata, Brandy, Lime, Fresh Lemon Sour & Triple Sec
3) Bells Will Be Ringing: Tres Generaciones Anejo, Ginger, Fig, Fresh OJ & Vanilla

The cocktails were made from a series of 3 different Tres Generaciones tequila. The Plata (unaged), the Reposado (aged ~4months), and the Anejo (aged 3 years).

My 2 favorites of the night were Obama-Rita (influenced by President Obama), for it's "citrus" and sourness flavor, much similar to a margarita. Another favorite of mine was the L.A. Love, the sweetness of the orange marmalade matched perfectly with the sourness of the apple, and of course, the tequila brings it all home. Both are very well made drinks that I'd love to drink over and over again, especially the L.A. Love.

The cocktails as well as the passed hors d'oeuvres was just the start of the night as Eddie Perales, the tequila ambassador showed us various drinks made with the Tres Generaciones tequila. I was able to get a taste of a cocktail made with habanero peppers (damn spicy, yet interesting), as well one made with berries and chocolate (delicious!)

Eddie Perales (picture courtesy of Gourmet Pigs)

Overall, I really enjoyed the event. The setting at the W Hotel was beautiful, and the cocktails and the crowd were great! I'm looking forward to try more drinks made with tequila in the future, and I'm thoroughly impressed with the Tres Generaciones brand. Thank you for hosting the event Tres Generaciones, and a special thanks to Eddie for an awesome experience. I hope to see you at a future tequila event!

Oh, and an extra special thanks for Gourmet Pigs for being my photographer for the night, as this Panda left his 2 cameras in his car.......

7 comments:

Ravenous Couple said...

a designated photographer huh? --you're a genius! great idea for a night of drinking! :)LOL! We like tequila and use it in cooking--great for marinades and enhances any lemonades too.

citynitz said...

You posted! Well done. Hmmm...so your view of tequila changed huh? =)

gourmetpigs said...

Posted at 8:12 am? Last minute before taking off for work? :P

A lot of people dislike tequila and it is all the fault of bad tequila (I won't name names, but it's in your own post haha)

Pandalicious said...

LA Love sounds good and refreshing. i'll have 2 of those please. and yes, love the W hotel. great backyard.

Kung Food Panda said...

Ravenous Couple: Haha, and she was the DD too =P But ya, gotta use tequila more!

Nitz: Still not my favorite liquor, but good tequila is good stuff!

GP: Ya, I had to keep up with my promise I guess. JC is some bad tequila!

Pandalicious: LA Love was tasty, I could use one right now! W was a nice location. Yelp had an elite event next to us that night....

Nanciful said...

WOW, 2 of my favorite things in life..the W Hotel and tequila. You are so lucky!

Kung Food Panda said...

Nanciful: It was good times! :)