Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ludobites - Recap of 2.0 and 3.0 (Los Angeles)

Foie Gras Black Croque Monsieur

Foie Gras Black Croque Monsieur (Yes, these will be back for 4.0!)

It's time. What time you ask? Ludobites is back! Yes, Ludobites is making a return, and this time, luckily for me, will be located in Downtown Los Angeles at Gram & Papa's. Instead of a normal post, I'm gonna do a picture rundown of my personal favorites from Ludobites 2.0 at Breadbar and Ludobites 3.0 at Royal T. For those that want to read more of a comprehensive post, please read my 2.0 and 3.0 experiences. These shots are taken with both my Canon dSLR and Point & Shoot, the best brand if you're looking to get a dSLR or P&S camera.

Chicken Mousse

Chicken Mousse

Veal Sweetbreads

Veal Sweetbreads

Sweet and Sour Lobster

Sweet and Sour Lobster

"Crack" Polenta

Oxtail aka "Crack" Polenta

Foie Gras CupcakeFoie Gras Cupcake

Foie Gras Cupcake

Chilled Chorizo Soup

Chilled Chorizo Soup


Boudin Noir

Boudin Noir

Foie Gras Cromesquis

Foie Gras Cromesquis

Tuna, Sushi Rice Ice Cream, Soy Sauce Gelee, Smoked Ginger Oil

Tuna, Sushi Rice Ice Cream, Soy Sauce Gelee, Smoked Ginger Oil

Slowly Sauteed Monterey Wild Squid, Chorizo Oil, Kimchi Puree, Black Olive

Slowly Sauteed Monterey Wild Squid, Chorizo Oil, Kimchi Puree, Black Olive

Egg "Meurette," Red Cabbage, Lardo Toast

Egg "Meurette," Red Cabbage, Lardo Toast

Foie Gras Beignet, Saffron-Dried Apricots

Foie Gras Beignet, Saffron-Dried Apricots

Fried Chicken, Cantal Polenta, Baby Corn, Mole

Ludo Fried Chicken, Cantal Polenta, Baby Corn, Mole

Marinated Hanger Steak, Eggplant, Goat Cheese, Shallots, Radish

Marinated Hanger Steak, Eggplant, Goat Cheese, Shallots, Radish

Fourme d' Ambert Tourte, Red Pear, Honey-Balsamic

Fourme d' Ambert Tourte, Red Pear, Honey-Balsamic

A note on the particular cheese tart. Usually, I don't care for cheese, especially a cheese like this. Somehow, I was able to eat multiple slices of this and took a few slices home. Yes, Chef Ludo can even makes something I'm usually "meh" on into something I'd eat slice after slice......

Vanilla Crème Brulee, Rose Ice Cream

Vanilla Crème Brulee, Rose Ice Cream

Creme Brulee with lychee? Let me just say, the BEST creme brulee EVER! That is all.

Ludo!

Yes, Chef Ludo, I'm a fan. I'm ready for Ludobites 4.0 at Gram & Papa's. Now the question is, are you???

Read my Korean Umma Choisauce's up close and personal Ludobites Post

For more pictures (If you haven't seen enough already) from my 7 (I think) various trips of Ludobites 2.0 and 3.0:



Ludobites 4.0 @ Gram & Papa's
227 East 9th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Official Website

8 comments:

Ravenous Couple said...

great timing Danny! the croque monsieur is amazing!

MyLastBite said...

Nice Recap!

Daily Gluttony said...

Nice rundown, KFP! I can't wait to try 4.0, esp since i missed out on 3.0.

But umm, as a Nikon owner, there's only one wee part of your post I'd have to disagree with...I think you know which one. haha ;)

Lady Ducayne said...

Canon is the best brand, eh? Well, its a good thing our cameras get along because you know I'm totally going to be rockin' the Nikon when we do Ludo Bites 4.0 next month!

Dan said...

you are taking me here. that is all. :)

Gastronomer said...

Let's be real, NIKON IS INFINITELY SUPERIOR!

xo,
cathy

joanh said...

wow!!! a lot of foie gras. how was the foie gras cupcake???

Kung Food Panda said...

Hong: Yup, trying to get it out before the 4.0 posts :)

Jo: Thanks!

Pam: Have you gone to 4.0 yet? But ya, I was joking about Nikon, though I do have my brand loyalty to Canon

LD: I <3 Canon

Dan: I will try! LOL

Cathy: No matter what, I still like you :)

Joan: I'm usually not a fan of cupcakes, but the foie gras cupcakes sure takes the cake! *pun*