Monday, January 11, 2010

Uno Mustachio - Tasty Italian at St. Lawrence Market (Toronto, ONT)

St. Lawrence Mkt.

St. Lawrence Market

After missing out on St. Lawrence Market on the first day in Toronto due to the holiday weekend, we were determined to visit the famed St. Lawrence Market for breakfast. After doing some research, I had my sights on some tasty Italian sub at Uno Mustachio.

Inside St. Lawrence Mkt.Inside St. Lawrence Mkt.Inside St. Lawrence Mkt.

Various Shots of St. Lawrence Market

Menu

Counter @ Uno Mustachio


After looking at various post that discussed about Uno Mustachio, I was told to try either the eggplant sandwich or the veal sandwich. Yet, upon seeing the Veal & Eggplant Sandwich, I figured it's wise to try to the best of both worlds, and I'm glad I did. The veal was quite nice, but the star was the eggplant. I was surprised the eggplant was better than the veal, though it's hard to argue against the crisp exterior and the tender and flavorful interior. Very nice.

Veal & Eggplant sandwich
Veal & Eggplant

Veal and Eggplant Sandwich

My 2 friends ordered a meatball sandwich and chicken parmagiano respectively. Although I didn't get a taste of either dish, my friend seemed to enjoy his meatball sandwich. However, I was told the chicken parmagiano was pretty mediocre, as it was nothing special.

Meatball

Meatball Sandwich

Chicken Parma

Chicken Parmagiano

As expected, the sandwiches at Uno Mustachio was definitely a hit, though I'd probably stay away from their pasta dishes. I was tempted to get a 2nd sandwich after a few bites, but these sandwiches were definitely filling. There were many food choices at St. Lawrence Market, though if you had to try something that the market is known for, don't doubt with the choice of an Eggplant (what I'll get in the future if I return) sandwich at Uno Mustachio with an Orangina to wash it all down!

Orangina

Orangina, my favorite!

Final Rating: 8 out of 10

Uno Mustachio
95 Front Street East
Toronto, ON M5E 1C2, Canada
(416) 367-8325

Official Site


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

fyi: san pellegrino orange > orangina

Gastronomer said...

St Lawrence Market reminds me of the Reading Terminal Market in Philly! You're gonna love it just as much. Don't forget to stop by DiNic's for some roast pork or roast beef :-)

Banana Wonder said...

Looks cute, but come back to LA, please!

chow and chatter said...

oh wow great market and i second orangina

Kung Food Panda said...

dustin: that's a bold statement dude! :P

Cathy: Look out for my DiNic's review :)

Anna: You stay safe out in Greece, k? Have fun with your boy :D

Chow and Chatter: Great minds think alike!

Gibbering Madness said...

Looks delicious, I'm going to get myself a meatball sandwich right now!