Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dinosaur BBQ - Rawr! Quick Stop in USA (Rochester, NY)

Outside shot of Dinosaur BBQ

Dinosaur BBQ

After our stop at Niagara Falls and Tim Hortons, my travel companions and I made a run for the border and came back to the good ol' US of A. Originally, we were planning a stop in Buffalo for some wings, but since we had already tried some at Duff's in Toronto, we instead located a BBQ restaurant in Rochester to get our grub on!

BBQ!!Interior

Dining Room


Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted with numerous bikers chillin' on the patio outside Dinosaur BBQ, quite an intimidating sight. As we spoke to the hostess about getting a seat, we were told it'll be a wait in the upwards of 90mins. It looked like eating at Dinosaur BBQ would be an even bigger intimidating sight! Fear not, our trusty hostess pointed us to the To-Go counter where we could eat some tasty BBQ in the comforts of our homes. While we don't know where to take our food, we knew we had to get in line, stat! So now, what to order......

Pulled Pork Sandwich (I believe)

Pulled Pork Sandwich

One of my friends went with the pulled pork sandwich. Looked like a great choice as he chowed down hungrily at the sandwich!

MmmmmBeef Brisket Sandwich

Brisket Sandwich

I, on the otherhand, went with the beef brisket sandwich. Tender, juicy, and 100% effing delicious! Us hungry travelers destroyed those sandwiches in a matter of minutes.

Mashed Potatoes and crazy, pasta salad, and rice & gravy

Top: Crazy Pasta Salads, Left: Mashed Potatoes & Gravy Right: Dirty Rice

Another shot of my 2 sides

My 2 sides of: Mac 'N Cheese and Green Bean Salad


We can't forget the sides, right? I enjoyed both of the ones I picked. Mac 'N Cheese and some cool salad to finish off the meal. I love a good BBQ!


I loved my Jolt!

And I washed everything down with a Jolt! Why can't we find some Jolt drinks in California?? This one bottle kept me up from Rochester to Montreal! Yes, this Cherry Bomb, was da Bomb!

Eh, so where did we eat our meal you ask? Well, look no further than outdoor benches at the Rochester Public Library:

Rochester Public Library

As the three of us continued our journey into Montreal, we bid au revoir to Rochester as we jetted toward Montreal, the home of the poutine!

Crossing the US/Canada border

Yes, even though the border patrol officer gave us, three Asian Dudes from California that were driving a Cool *barf* PT Cruiser a lot of shit, we still love you America! Yes officer, smirk all you want when we told you we're Computer Engineers and a Stockbroker. Be an Asshole! We were only coming back to America for the BBQ!

Final Rating: 7.5 out of 10

99 Court St
Rochester, NY 14604
(585) 325-7090
Official Website

8 comments:

Diana said...

I can't believe you drank Jolt! Too funny. And you can still find Jolt in SoCal - it's called Red Bull. ;)

Brisket looks great! I have a soft spot in my heart for the stuff - my parents always used to make bbq brisket for our holiday parties. Not exactly seasonally appropriate, but delicious, none the less!

Lady Ducayne said...

Ok. I'm putting my red pen down to leave this comment.

That BBQ looks really good! I like how you got resourceful and ate at the library! Was that Morgan's idea?

;)

FlavorBoulevard said...

I can feel the excitement in this post. Were you really that hungry over the BBQ? :-D

Aaron said...

I actually went to Dinosaur barbecue a few days ago for a recruiting event. The one in Harlem, not Rochester. Didn't get the pulled pork. The brisket I had were too dry to eat without a dousing of barbecue sauce. Collard greens were good. It was actually my third soul food meal in two weeks. So I was trying to take it easy.

Kung Food Panda said...

Diana: Sadly, RB is not as good as Jolt! :)

I love brisket, so it hit the spot, even though some other places in LA are probably better.

LD: No, wasn't Morg's idea, we all just saw those benches across from the restaurant :)

FB: We were 3 hungry men looking for meat!! We found it, thus we were 3 happy men driving up to Montreal!

Aaron: Man, you're going at it with soul food! I don't think Dinosaur BBQ was great, but it hit the spot when hunger hits. There wasn't anything exciting to eat in the Rochester/Buffalo area, sadly.

joanh said...

mmm the sandwiches looked good!!

Kung Food Panda said...

joan: It definitely hit the spot for sure!

Anonymous said...

You missed what Rochester is known for.. garbage plates! Dinosaur is okay but if you really wanted to find something you can't find anywhere else as easily as you can in Rochester, it's a Garbage Plate.