Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Update

Howdy ya'll! As we approach the holiday season and onward towards 2010, here's what we have to look forward to in the greater Los Angeles area, along with the sin city of Las Vegas:

Eat My Blog

Eat My Blog (From Gastronomyblog)


An idea generated by Cathy of Gastronomyblog, Eat My Blog will be a bake sale located at Zeke's Smokehouse in West Hollywood. Baked goods from the various recipe, restaurant bloggers in the Los Angeles will be on full display. To those of us, like myself that lack talent behind a stove and oven, get your butt to the event this upcoming Saturday and support the bloggers and their baked good. The most important thing I should note, all the proceeds will benefit the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. During this holiday season, let's help out fellow men and women in need!

Eat My Blog Held @ Zeke's Smokehouse
December 5th, 2009 10AM - 4PM
7100 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA

For more information, visit the Official Website

Ludobites @ Royal T

Ludobites @ Royal T


Another event I'm pretty stoked about is the return of Ludobites, this time at Royal T in Culver City. I was first WOWed by Chef Ludo Lefebvre during my first dinner hosted by FoodDigger earlier this summer located at the Bread Bar. Since then, and 5-6 visits later (I'll eventually compile the various pictures for one big Ludobites post), the only thing I hope will be for Ludo to find a permanent location for his restaurant. Until then, for the next 13 days, go out and try what Ludo has in store for you. There is a complete revamp of the old menu, and after experiencing the new menu tonight, hosted by FoodDigger, I have nothing but great things to say about the new menu. I'll have a full report in my blog tomorrow of the pre-Grand opening dinner. Until then, for more information:

Official Website

8910 Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232

Bon Appetit



Finally, located at the new City Center in Las Vegas, the famed French Chef Pierre Gagnaire will be opening his restaurant Twist at the new Mandarin Oriental Hotel. This upcoming weekend is the opening weekend and Kevin of kevinEats will be hitting up the famed French chef's first restaurant in the United States. In addition, two weeks from now, Kevin will also be trying out the new Bar Masa, owned by the famous Chef Masayoshi Takayama. Looking forward to these upcoming reviews Kevin!

4 comments:

Gastronomer said...

Thanks for the Eat My Blog plug, KFP! We'll be thinking of you on Saturday.

"Gosh, if Danny were here, we'd be sold out!"

kevinEats said...

You know, there's still room for Bar Masa... ;) We may very well try out his even higher-end dining room, Shaboo, as well.

Right Way to Eat said...

When did you become a recap blog?

I thought HC and Notorious P.I.G. got this monopolized.

Love the new segment KFP!

Kung Food Panda said...

Cathy: I hope to be there. Though, I don't think I could eat THAT much sweets =P

Kevin: I'll be there in spirit. This upcoming NYC trip will probably bankrupt me....though I might go back to Vegas soon! Let me know how it goes!

Mike: It's b/c I want to spread the word to some fun events ahead =)