Monday, December 7, 2009

Sicilian Sidewalk Cafe - Quick stop in Little Italy (Toronto, ONT)

Exterior

Sicilian Sidewalk Cafe

Just after finishing out Buffalo Wings at Duff's Famous Wings, we were in the mood for some dessert to round out the afternoon. Sicilian Sidewalk caught our eyes, especially their dessert menu. To those that know me well, I have quite a sweet tooth, but maybe not quite as profound as HC of LA & OC Foodie.

Sicilian Sidewalk Cafe

Sicilian Sidewalk Cafe - Menu

After given the menu, we decided on a dessert for the each of us....

Canadian Rye
Pistachio Nut

Pistachio Nut w/ a shot of Canadian Rye


A nice dessert with a subtle taste of pistachio, quite nice. Not overly sweet, though I just had a taste of the dessert. I didn't partake in a shot in the afternoon, but my friend didn't particualy like that shot of Rye.

Bacio, Nocciola

Bacio & Nocciola Gelato


Another friend went with 2 flavors of gelato. First flavor was the bacio, which is named after a Chocolate-Hazelnut candy from Perugia, Italy. Quite nice, not as intense as nutella, but delicious on its own right. The second flavor was the nocciola, a creamy Italian hazelnut flavor. Very good, though both flavor has some similarities as both were hazelnut based.


Creme Brulee Cheesecake a la mode

Creme Brulee Cheesecake w/Pistachio gelato a la mode

I went with two of my favorites: Cheesecake and creme brulee, the best of both words. I wish the creme brulee flavor was stronger as the dessert was dominated by the flavors of the cheesecake. Though delicious, I was hoping for something more unique. The pistachio gelato was great, though I am a fan of the pistachio nut, so try this flavor if you're a fan like me!


Little Italy

Little Italy

After dessert, we ended up walking around the streets of Little Italy and explored more of the city. Quite a pleasant afternoon, which always made better with some sweets in our stomach!

Final Rating 7.5 out of 10

712 College Street
Toronto, ON M6G, Canada
(416) 531-7755

4 comments:

Ravenous Couple said...

so is this why you were conspicuously absent from Eat My Blog? Toronto is a fantastic cosmopolitan city..have fun!

Gastronomer said...

Come clean, Panda. Toronto wasn't the reason why you missed Eat My Blog ;-)

It's rare to read about three dudes going out for dessert. Bravo!

Wesley said...

That creme brulee cheesecake looks/sounds really good. If I could find that locally, I'd order that in a heartbeat!

Kung Food Panda said...

Hong & Kim: I wish I was on vacation during Eat My Blog. I had quite a bit of errands to run that morning...Actually, I wasn't that impressed with Toronto. My Montreal part of the vacation was MUCH better!

Cathy: I love dessert, I'll drag anyone down with me!

Wes: It sounded better than it really is, but it's actually not that bad. Just wished it had more of a creme brulee flavor...